Saturday 28 March 2009

Miyel - Joelle Ursull

After Joelle Ursull participated in the Eurovision Song Contest with 'White and black blues', my friend Puck suddenly bought this cd-single by her. I didn't know the song 'Miyel', but it turned out to be an earlier track by her, taken from her debut album of the same name, released in 1988. The cd-single contained four mixes of the track, and I had to admit that it was a nice song. Not outstanding, but nice.

The vinyl single, which I bought shortly after that, actually featured a B-side track, 'Mal'. It proved that Joelle rarely surpassed the level of 'average'. Except for that French entry of the Contest in 1990, of course...

My collection: 7" single no. 1274
Found: Disco Market, Den Haag, August 16, 1990
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Miyel' / 'Mal'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising