Thursday 5 March 2009

It's my party - Dave Stewart and Barbara Gaskin

'It's my party' was originally recorded in 1963 by Lesley Gore. She recorded the song at the age of sixteen. It peaked at number 9 in the UK Singles chart.

After the success of 'What becomes of the broken hearted', which Dave Stewart recorded with Colin Blunstone, he recruited Barbara Gaskin to sing in his cover version of 'It's my party'. The single became a number one hit in the UK and Germany. Stewart and Gaskin continued to work together, but they never equalled this level of success.

My collection: 7" single no. 1137
Found: All that music, Leiden, December 28, 1989
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'It's my party' / 'Waiting in the wings'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising