Thursday 5 March 2009

Heroes (French version) - David Bowie

David Bowie recorded 'Heroes' in 1977. It appeared on the album of the same name, and as a single. Although it wasn't a very big hit at the time for Bowie, it has become one of his better known tracks. It was also included on the soundtrack to the movie 'Christiane F. - Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo', which portrayed the drug scene in Berlin in the Seventies.

I knew that Bowie recorded a German version of the song, but I was a bit surprised when I saw a French version of the song as well. This happened today, actually, and the single was so (relatively) cheap that I decided to buy it on the spot. It's funny to hear this track: it's not the best French I've ever heard...

My collection: 7" single no. 3590
Found: Plaatboef, Den Haag, March 5, 2009
Cost: 3,5 euro
Tracks: 'Heroes (French version)' / 'V2 Schneider'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising