Sunday 11 January 2009

Your love is king - Sade

Sade's debut single 'Your love is king' made me shout out 'boring!' every time I saw it on TV. This was during the time when I was watching Music Box and Sky Channel on a daily basis. Her second single, 'When am I going to make a living' interested me more, and gradually I got into Sade. At some point I decided I wanted to have the first single as well, and it sounded a lot less boring by that time. So eventually I even got the 12" single.

Some will be surprised to find 'Smooth operator' on the B-side of this. It is actually a version that is very alike the album version on Sade's debut album 'Diamond life', but the instrumental track that follows immediately after that, 'Snake bite', is a one time thing. It was never released anywhere else, except on this disc.

My collection: 12" single no. 483
Found: 2001
Cost: 5 guilders
Tracks: 'Your love is king' / 'Smooth operator', 'Snake bite', 'Love affair with life (recorded live)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising