Thursday 8 January 2009

Hide and seek - Five Star

I got to know 'Hide and seek' by Five Star thanks to this box set, which I'd bought in London in 1987. I was a bit surprised when I found this 12" single, not realising that the track had actually been a single. It was actually their debut single, if you don't count their unsuccessful real debut 'Problematic' (1983).

'Hide and seek' was the first single from their millionselling debut album 'Luxury of life'. It was written by Gary Bell and Anne Dudley. The track was later covered by New Edition as part of their 1984 album 'New Edition'.

My collection: 12" single no. 401
Found: Record fair, Rotterdam, 1999
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Hide and seek (extended dance mix)' / 'Hide and seek (dub)', 'I'm gonna make this a night you will never forget'
Download: here

1 comment:

  1. I ADORE 5 Star ! I tried to collect anything and everything about them.
    I remember finding this 12'' in a second hand shop in the 1990's.There was no price on it,but I would have paid a fortune for it - I brought it to the counter,and it was only 50p.
    Woohoo !
    Anyway,GREAT song,and I love the video too.It should have been a hit !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising