Monday 22 December 2008

The Slightest Touch - Five Star

In 1987, the family holiday destination was London. As soon as the opportunity presented itself, my sister and I were off to the nearest record shop, which on the first day was Tower Records in Kensington High Street. I couldn't believe my eyes when I stepped into that store: it was much bigger than any record shop in Holland. The amount of 7" singles on display at the back of the store seemed endless. The first single I picked out of that collection was Black's 'Sweetest smile', and this was the second one: a box set from Five Star, including a free second single, which carried two older tracks 'Hide and seek' and 'Crazy'. I didn't know at the time they had been released as a single before. Adding to the two singles, the box set also contained five colour photographs of the band members. A collectable box set indeed!

My collection: 7" single no. 545
Found: Tower Records Kensington, London, 1987
Cost: 2 pounds
Tracks: 'The Slightest touch' / 'Stone court' // 'Hide and seek' / 'Crazy'
Download: here

1 comment:

  1. Now THAT'S value for money - four excellent tracks (even the instrumental track is catchy),and beautiful pics too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising