Saturday 13 December 2008

I'll fly for you - Spandau Ballet

One of the hottest bands around in the eighties, along with Duran Duran, was Spandau Ballet. Their album 'Gold' was a huge success and the follow-up 'Parade' did just as well. 'I'll fly for you' was the second single from that album and it reached no. 9 in the UK singles chart. The 12" single featured not one, but two remixes of the track: a 'long version' and a 'glide mix'. Creative listeners could even cut and paste the two after another, and listen to a 12 minute version of the song.

I didn't like the song at first, especially considering the boring video for it, but in the end I still appreciated its worth. When I bought the 12" I played it endlessly.

My collection: 12" single no. 29
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, 1986
Cost: 6,95 guilders
Tracks: 'I'll fly for you (long version)', 'To cut a long story short (live)' / 'I'll fly for you (glide mix)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising