Saturday 13 December 2008

Hand held in black and white - Dollar

The phenomenon Dollar had completely passed me by. It was only when I saw the 2002 Here & Now Tour that I found out what the duo David van Day and Thereza Bazar had done in the eighties. By 2002, it all looked very dodgy, but there were some great pop tunes hidden in there.

Take for instance 'Hand held in black and white'. It was produced by Trevor Horn, of Buggles fame. Although the vocal qualities of Thereza and David left a bit to be desired, the music on this track is very good and that helps lift the track up to above average. Still, if it hadn't been so cheap I wouldn't have bought this single.

My collection: 7" single no. 3428
Found: Esbjerg (Denmark), June 17, 2006
Cost: 10 Danish crowns
Tracks: 'Hand held in black and white' / 'Heartbeat (Love me slowly)'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising