Saturday 15 November 2008

One more lonely night - Kaija

When you're into pop music, you're bound to be into the Eurovision Song Contest. Although in recent years that logic seems to have diminished. I always loved it, anyway, ever since I was a kid. Part of the excitement was the process of seeing every country giving their opinion on the songs, part of the disappointment was usually the winning song. My taste is probably so eclectic that I always seem to root for the underdog. One of those underdogs was Kaija. She competed in the Contest in 1991 with a song called Hullö Yö. Pardon? Yes, it's Finnish. I don't know many people outside Finland who can understand this language, but the Finnish always had to compete singing in their own language.

No wonder, then, that the song didn't win. It got 4 points from Ireland, 1 from Iceland and 1 from Greece... And that was all. To make matters even worse, the single was unavailable wherever I went. In the shops, at record fairs and even among some Eurovision fans I knew, no-one was able to provide me with this single. Finally, in 2008, my luck changed. A few months ago I bought this single on eBay. A search of 17 years was concluded.

The single includes the song in English and Italian.
My collection: 7" single no. 3455
Found: eBay, 2008
Cost: 7 euro
Tracks: 'One more lonely night' / 'Una notte folle'
Download: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising