Saturday, 8 August 2026

This is my life - Shirley Bassey

I already bought 'This is my life' in 2010, but I didn't buy this single for that song. I didn't buy it for the tittillating cover either. The B-side of this single is 'Anyone who had a heart', a song written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David for Dionne Warwick in 1963. In the UK, it was executed to perfection by Cilla Black. But Shirley Bassey does a fine version of this song too, even if it is hidden on a B-side. 

An amusing list of big names performing the song is found on the "Anyone Who Had a Heart" Olympics. It's amusing because the writer writes off a lot of the versions - even the good ones.

My collection: 7" single no. 8373
Found: Parkstad Record Shop, Kerkrade, 29 July 2026
Tracks: 'This is my life' / 'Anyone who had a heart'

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Advertising