Sunday 4 August 2024

So far away - Dire Straits

One of the most catchy songs from their album Brothers in Arms is Dire Straits' third single from that album, 'So far away'. It's a calm piece of work with a guitar hook that stays in your mind once you've heard it. For some reason I didn't really like the song when it came out, but I learned to appreciate it a couple of years later. Which is why I eventually bought the 7" single

Flash forward to now, and I bought the 10" single. It contains exactly the same tracks, but in the attractive 10" format. Sometimes I don't know why I buy the things I do, but 10" singles have become my latest obsession I guess.

My collection: 10" single [unnumbered]
Found: Discogs.com, received 13 July 2024
Tracks: 'So far away' / 'Walk of life'

1 comment:

  1. 3rd single only in America! From Wikipedia: «So Far Away" was the lead single from Brothers in Arms in the UK and Europe on 12 April 1985. [and in Australia] After the song climbed to number 29 on the Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart in 1985, "So Far Away" was released a year later as the album's third single in North America, where (...)»

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising