Friday 16 August 2024

Face to face - Real life

The band Real life is best known for their hit 'Send me an angel'. Some years ago I bought the 88 version of that track, and I thought that would be the last of their singles I'd ever buy. But I was tempted yet again by a red vinyl single, and I guess you can't go very wrong with an Eighties band anyway.

'Face to face' was released in 1985 as the first single from the Australian band's second album 'Flame'. It reached number 32 in the Australian singles chart, and the red vinyl version also helped them get to number 52 in the German singles chart. Elsewhere this single remained unnoticed. The band soldiered on until 1990 without a lot of success. Later reunions didn't come with any chart success either.

My collection: 7" single no. 7284
Found: Record fair, Leiden, 15 August 2024
Tracks: 'Face to face' / 'Flame (instrumental)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising