Thursday 27 June 2024

I see a star - Mouth & MacNeal

I've had a certain soft spot for Mouth & MacNeal, mostly because they were my very first single. But also because they delivered a very good Eurovision entry with 'I see a star' in 1974, which might actually have won the Contest if it weren't for a certain Swedish quartet. (Of course, the jury's were not wrong - we all love Abba now.)

I already own a few copies of 'I see a star', but this French pressing is an interesting one because it features a different B-side. 'Ah! L'amore' was apparently performed at the San Remo festival in 1974, and it's a nice little song. The fact that this single has another different sleeve also counts, of course. My Eurovision collection is increasingly focused on different pressings with attractive sleeves.

My collection: 7" single 7233
Found: Discogs.com, received 22 June 2024
Tracks: 'I see a star' / 'Ah! L'amore'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising