Wednesday 26 June 2024

Dumb as a death's head - The The

Although I was quite a fan of The The ever since their single 'Uncertain smile', I never knew that they released an exclusive track on a flexidisc, free with the 21 May 1983 issue of Melody Maker magazine. I only found out about that recently while I was looking through an online seller's inventory. It doesn't really happen that you find something unexpected online, but there you go.

This flexi disc was the only official release of this particular The The track, although it does appear on an unofficial 7" single and an unofficial compilation called Early rarities. It's a rather primitive-sounding track but it fits with other early The The repertoire. Quite a find!

My collection: 7" single no. 7230
Found: Discogs.com, received 21 June 2023
Tracks: 'Dumb as a death's head' (The The) / 'Johnathon' (The Sines)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising