Sunday 21 April 2024

Das war eine schöne Party - France Gall

In September 2021 I wrote: "France Gall only recorded a French and Japanese version of ['Poupée de cire, poupée de son'], as far as I know", but how wrong I was. She also recorded the song in Italian and German. It's the German version that landed in my collection last week.

It was released, obviously, in Germany, but confusingly, the sleeve was very similar to the German sleeve of the original version. Fortunately the title of the song is printed prominently next to the photograph, otherwise buyer would never have known the difference. Listening to this version, it's quite impressive how France Gall managed to pronounce German in this song.

My collection: 7" single no. 7152
Found: Record fair, Den Bosch, 13 April 2024
Tracks: 'Das was eine schöne Party' / 'Meine erste grosse Liebe'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising