Friday 19 April 2024

Always on my mind - Pet Shop Boys

Back in August 1987, a TV special was broadcast on the occasion of the tenth anniversary of Elvis Presley's death. Various artists, including Kim Wilde, Boy George and others, performed Elvis songs with some of Elvis' original musicians. One of the artists performing were the Pet Shop Boys, who did a version of 'Always on my mind'. Their performance was released on this special Japanese 7" single, free with copies of the album 'Actually' in that country. 

Of course, the Pet Shop Boys recorded the track and had a number one hit single with it at the end of the year, but this single features the original version as performed on that TV special, which makes this quite a rare single. I found a copy without the accompanying LP - which is fine, because I don't really 'do' LP's anymore. So guess what? I'm quite pleased with this find.

My collection: 7" single no. 7132
Found: Record fair, Den Bosch, 13 April 2024
Tracks: 'Always on my mind' / 'Heart (dub)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising