Sunday 18 June 2023

Perfect - The The

Some singles that I never bought are a mystery to me. I was always a fan of The The, ever since I heard 'Uncertain smile', but somehow 'Perfect' never made it into my collection. I think it's because whenever I saw a copy the price was just too high. Even back in the late Eighties and early Nineties, when I discovered record fairs, dealers were charging quite a lot for this early single.

Now that I have a slightly better budget I can afford to buy this single - not least because the price has gone down! I almost bought a European copy but then I was buying a few singles from a UK dealer online and this one popped up. 'Perfect' reached number 79 in the UK singles chart and appeared on the band's 1983 album 'Soul mining'.

My collection: 7" single 7002
Found: Discogs.com, received 17 June 2023
Tracks: 'Perfect' / 'The nature of virtue (version 1)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising