Tuesday 18 April 2023

I'm not in love - Johnny Logan

It's a bit of a mystery why Eurovision legend Johnny Logan never actually succeeded in building a successful career. Although he won the Eurovision Song Contest three times (twice as a performer and once as a writer), his material outside of Eurovision failed to make much of an impression on the buying public. 

In 1987, after winning for the second time with 'Hold me now', he released a cover version of 10CC's 'I'm not in love', but the single would only reach a lowly number 51 in the UK singles chart. I wonder if this limited edition poster sleeve contributed to the appeal, but I can't be sure - I'm not even sure that many people had posters of Johnny on their walls. It's a nice, if not essential, release anyway.

My collection: 7" single no. 6936
Found: Easter market, Den Haag, 9 April 2023
Tracks: 'I'm not in love' / 'Such a lady'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising