Saturday 8 April 2023

Ghosts again - Depeche Mode

Just last month I posted the exclusive Musikexpress single of Depeche Mode's 'Ghosts again' on this blog. The single features one track and an etching of the DM logo on the other side. The (also German) magazine Rolling Stone decided to do a similar thing and include an exclusive Depeche Mode single with their current edition - but this time with a B-side. 'Never let me down again' became very popular recently when it was used in the HBO series The Last of Us - an irritating series for its repeated ads on TV for a channel I don't subscribe to.

And so I end up with two different singles of 'Ghosts again'. I like this song a lot, but the new album 'Memento mori' is a bit lacking in similarly appealing songs, in my humble opinion. But the band has delivered loads of great songs during their 40+ years, so I guess this album is a good enough epitaph - assuming that Dave and Martin won't continue after this one.

My collection: 7" single no. 6924
Found: Mein Presseshop (Germany), received 4 April 2023
Tracks: 'Ghosts again' / 'Never let me down'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising