Wednesday 8 March 2023

Am I losing you forever - Mai Tai

After the Dutch trio Mai Tai had two big hits in the UK in 1985, they tried their luck with the ballad 'Am I losing you forever' in November of that year. Despite an attractive sleeve, this single didn't find favour with the British audience: it only managed to reach number 78 during a two week chart run. It effectively ended their UK adventure: two subsequent releases in the UK only reached similar lowly positions.

For me, this single was a bit of an impulse buy, based on the glossy cover. But I wasn't disappointed: the B-side is actually very enjoyable too.

My collection: 7" single no. 6886
Found: Record fair, Rotterdam, 4 March 2023
Tracks: 'Am I losing you forever' / 'The rules of love'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising