Saturday 4 June 2022

Mamma Mia - Abba

With the recent resurgence of Abba in "abbatar" form, it is appropriate, I guess, to post another single by the Swedish quartet. I am still collecting some of their singles, in particular the ones that were released in the GDR by the state-run Amiga label. 'Dancing queen / Fernando' was my first acquisition, and here's another one: 'Mamma mia', released with the song 'Tropical loveland' on the B-side. 

As you can see, the sleeve is hardly exciting, without a colourful photograph that was always there on the single releases in Western Europe. I guess the good people in the eastern part of Germany were not meant to be shown the kind of glamorous pictures we were constantly bombarded with back then.

My collection: 7" single no. 6712
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, 7 May 2022
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'Mamma mia' / 'Tropical loveland'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising