Monday 7 March 2022

Come summer - Fra Lippo Lippi

Some would say that this blog focuses too much on Eurovision lately, and they would be right of course. So it is nice to venture out in pop land - even if the pop music in this case comes from Norway. I have a fairly complete Fra Lippo Lippi collection, I think, but whereas I have the 12" single of 'Come summer', I never quite managed to find the 7" single of that title. Fortunately I finally caught one recently. The artwork on the single sleeve is equally beautiful but it's funny that it contains a lot less of the lyrics of the song. 

'Come summer' is actually one of the strongest tracks on their album 'Songs', from which the hit 'Shouldn't have to be like that' was taken. That song caused me to find out more about the band, and made me buy more of their singles and albums. It still amazes me that they never managed to get more hits over here in Europe, whereas they became very famous in Asia. 

My collection: 7" single no. 6645
Found: Discogs.com, received 1 March 2022
Cost: €3
Tracks: 'Come summer' / 'Even tall trees bend (original version)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising