Sunday 12 September 2021

L'amour est bleu - Vicky

Vicky Leandros was just 17 when she was offered to represent Luxembourg at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1967 with 'L'amour est bleu'. The song eventually finished in fourth place, but became a classic despite not winning - a fate shared with songs like 'Volare' and 'Eres tu'. 

For the longest time I have been searching for a copy of the single but it is very hard to find - if you're not willing to pay an unreasonable price. So imagine my surprise when I recently stumbled on a Japanese pressing of this single for just £3.99! You would even think it was a bad copy, but both the disc and the sleeve are in pristine condition. Add to that the fact that I really love Japanese singles, and you can imagine that I am pretty happy with this single.

My collection: 7" single no. 6447
Found: Discogs.com, received 9 September 2021
Cost: £3.99
Tracks: 'L'amour est bleu' / 'Le soleil a quitte ma maison'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising