Sunday 22 August 2021

Sol de inverno - Simone

According to the sleeve of this single, Simone was the "Queen of the Portuguese Radio". You can just imagine her singing a lot during Portuguese radio broadcasts during the Sixties. Simone de Macedo e Oliveira was born on 11 February 1938 in Lisbon, Portugal and represented her country twice. The second time was in 1969 with 'Desfolhada Portuguesa', this single contains the first attempt: 'Sol de inverno'.

It's not a happy song. The English translation, which is provided on the back cover, reads as follows: 'All I dreamed, all I wanted, all I enjoyed in life, is lost forever / Now, you are happy and I always will miss my forsaken love'. Fortunately, there's always the sun in winter who provides a little warmth. 

My collection: 7" single no. 6434
Found: Discogs.com, received 11 August 2021
Cost: 4 euro
Tracks: 'Sol de inverno', 'A rua do desencontro' / 'De degrau em degrau', 'Silhuetas ao luar'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising