Saturday 8 June 2019

Method of modern love - Daryl Hall & John Oates

Back in 1985, Daryl Hall and John Oates were regulars on pre-MTV music channels Sky Channel and Music Box. Their colourful music video for 'Method of modern love' appeared regularly - so much so that I got to hate the video and the track in time. Too much of a good thing and all that.

And so here we are in 2019 - and I am buying that single. What helps is that I haven't heard the song in three decades and that the pop music of today has become so much worse in the mean time. And then there's the added bonus of a second single in this package, presenting live versions of earlier hits 'I can't go for that' and 'Maneater'. Not bad at all!

My collection: 7" single no. 6115
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, June 1, 2019
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Method of modern love' / 'Bank on your love' // 'I can't go for that (No can do) (live version)' / 'Maneater (live version)'

1 comment:

  1. And what is your verdict about the A-side track?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising