Monday 18 March 2019

Matador - Jeff Wayne

People who know me, know that any activities involving sports or anything associated with sports turn me off big time. So it's quite ironic that I should buy this single - a theme tune for the 1982 World Cup. In my defence: this is a Jeff Wayne single and since I am slightly obsessed with Jeff Wayne this single qualified as a nice-to-have in my book.

It was one of Jeff's first single releases since the very successful 'War of the worlds' campaign and it is an interesting instrumental piece. The B-side is named 'Henry Higgins', presumably titled after the English bullfighter who lived between 1944 and 1978. 'Matador' reached number 57 in the UK singles charts in the summer of 1982.

My collection: 7" single no. 6010
Found: Discogs.com, received March 12, 2019
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Matador' / 'Henry Higgins'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising