Tuesday 19 February 2019

The one that got away - Nana Mouskouri

Collecting Eurovision Song Contest singles is both a joy and a pain. The older the singles are, the more expensive they get. And in the case of artists that became famous, they can get very expensive indeed.

You can imagine my surprise when I found this single by Nana Mouskouri in a thrift store during a day out in Haarlem. Nana famously participated in the Contest in 1963 with 'A force de prier' for Luxembourg, but I haven't found that single until now - at least not for a reasonable price. This single features the English version of that song. After buying the single I checked online what it would cost me... Well that would be at least 30 times as much - not including shipping. My day started well.

My collection: 7" single no. 5998
Found: Rataplan, Haarlem, February 19, 2019
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'The one that got away (A force de prier)', 'My colouring book' / 'No moon at all', 'The touch of your lips'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising