Tuesday 1 August 2017

No! Dance with me - Marty Wilde

Released in 1963, 'No! Dance with me' was one of the first singles released by Marty Wilde not to chart after his run of hit singles between 1958 and 1962. The song was written by Marty himself, as might well be the B-side, which is incorrectly credited to Gerald Goffin and Carole King. They did indeed write a song with a similar title, but it does not resemble this song here.

This single was one of five Marty Wilde singles I ordered back in May, but for your pleasure I've spread the posting of them a little bit. After all, this is not a Marty Wilde tribute website - although I am quickly completing my collection now. There's still a handful of - rather expensive - singles missing, but I'll get there eventually.

My collection: 7" single no. 5822
Found: Recordsale.de, received May 11, 2017
Cost: 2 euro
Tracks: 'No! Dance with me' / 'Little miss Happiness'

1 comment:

  1. I am surprised because you love Marty Wilde and Kim Wilde but you have no tracks by The Vernons Girls who included Joyce Baker, Kim Wildes mother.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vernons_Girls

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising