Thursday 28 April 2016

Dallas - Jerrold Immel

Two months ago, I got me a copy of Bobby Patrick Band's interpretation of the 'Dallas' theme, but that was of course not the original version. I didn't even know if it was ever released on vinyl, but it turns out that it was. And as a child of the Eighties, of course I had to have the track.

The track features on the B-side of this single, but the A-side is best left forgotten. Written by Michel Salva and Jean Renard, it's a French retelling of the TV series' story line. For some reason, CBS Records was interested in releasing this in France, but the inclusion of the original Jerrold Immel-conducted 'Dallas theme' on the B-side warrants the 50 eurocents I shelled out for this piece.

My collection: 7" single no. 5838
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 17, 2016
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'Dallas (Générique du feuilleton TV)' / 'Dallas theme'

Listen to the song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising