Sunday 16 November 2014

Touch me - The Doors

'Touch Me' is a song by The Doors from their album 'The Soft Parade'. Written by Robby Krieger, it is notable for its extensive usage of brass and string instruments (including a solo by featured saxophonist Curtis Amy). Ray Manzarak played harpsichord and organ on the song. The song also borrowed the guitar riff from the 1967 Four Season's 'C'mon Maryann' and used it on keyboards.

The single was released as a single in December 1968 and reached number 3 on the US Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. The single also did well elsewhere, peaking at number 1 in Canada. It is by far the most melodic and beautiful single by the Doors... but that's my opinion of course. I'm very glad to have found a reasonable copy for a reasonable price.

My collection: 7" single no. 5392
Found: unknown
Tracks: 'Touch me' / 'Wild child'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising