Thursday 27 November 2014

Light my fire - The Doors

The double LP and double CD collection 'The best of the Doors', originally released in 1985, can still be seen as the ultimate introduction to the American band's output. The album was re-released in 1991 and promoted by this single, featuring an edit of 'Light my fire' and the classic 'People are strange'.

At the time of release, there was also a 12" single featuring the full length version of 'Light my fire' and the additional track 'Soul kitchen'. And, to top it all off, a CD-single featured all four tracks. Although it isn't particularly inspiring to hear both the edit and full length version of 'Light my fire' side by side, I'd have to say.

My collection: 7" single no. 5386
Found: unknown
Tracks: 'Light my fire (edit)' / 'People are strange'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising