Tuesday 25 November 2014

Eve of the war - Jeff Wayne

I really didn't expect to find yet another different version of Jeff Wayne's 'Eve of the war', having written about one so recently, but I did. I was very surprised to find this one, as the sleeve is so different from others and the disc actually contains a rather rare version too: it's an edit of a 'disco mix' that was created by Steve Thompson and Geoff Young in 1979.

The disco versions appears on a 12" single from 1979, and was also released on a 3" CD-single some ten years later, but that one was over six minutes long. This version runs at 4'40 minutes and is an edit of that disco mix. As far as I know, this version was only released on this 7" single. But feel free to correct me in the comments if you know otherwise...

My collection: 7" single no. 5671
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, November 23, 2014
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'Eve of the war [disco mix edit]' / 'Horsell Common and the heat ray'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising