Tuesday 24 January 2012

Ode to boy - Alison Moyet

'Ode to boy' was originally a B-side of Yazoo's 1982 single 'The other side of love' and a track on their second album 'You and me both'. Alison Moyet re-recorded the track solo on her fourth solo album 'Essex' in 1994.

I sort of knew that the track was released as a single, but I was unaware of the existance of a 12" single with remixes of the track. I've always liked the original version - a beautiful demonstration of stereo sound - and while I wasn't sure Alison's re-recording was as good, I was still curious enough to hear these remixes. And so, I ordered the disc. Have to say I quite like these mixes.

My collection: 12" single no. 617
Found: Discogs.com, received January 24, 2012
Cost: 1 pound
Tracks: 'Ode to boy', 'Ode to boy (Factory mix)' / 'Ode to boy (NY-LA mix)', 'Ode to boy (NY-LA dub)', 'Ode to boy (Factory dub 2)'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising