Sunday 4 December 2011

Flowers in our hair - All about Eve

I got to know All about Eve thanks to a TV special on a satellite channel. On that occasion I saw short clips of 'Every angel', 'Martha's harbour' and 'Flowers in our hair'. I hadn't had much of a chance to find out more about them, but within weeks I spotted this 12" single in a discount record store. A once in a lifetime chance, as I found out later. At least, this 12" single became quite expensive in later years, although the price seems to have dropped in recent years.

Besides an extended version of the title track, this disc features a cover version of the Cliff Richard track 'Devil woman'. Cliff Richard? Well it's hard to imagine him singing this lyric I have to say, but he did.

My collection: 12" single no. 77
Found: Haags Modehuis, Den Haag, 1989
Cost: 2,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Flowers in our hair (extended)' / 'Devil woman', 'Paradise'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising