Sunday 27 November 2011

Tinseltown in the rain - The Blue Nile

The Blue Nile's 'A walk across the rooftops' was one of the most remarkable albums of 1984, featuring seven beautifully crafted tracks. It featured two singles: 'Stay' and 'Tinseltown in the rain'. The album version of the latter track appears on this 12" singles, as well as an instrumental version of another album track, 'Heatwave'.

This 12" single is however most notable for the otherwise unreleased track 'Regret'. 'One of the saddest songs I know', I wrote on a mailing list a decade ago and I still stand by those words. The track was later included on a rare compilation cd which I never found, but fortunately there's an mp3 floating around which I've included here for your listening pleasure. After all, sometimes the crackles and pops of vinyl tend to distract the listener a bit.

My collection: 12" single no. 143
Found: Record fair, 1993
Cost: 5 guilders
Tracks: 'Tinseltown in the rain' / 'Heatwave (instrumental)', 'Regret'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising