Wednesday 23 November 2011

Till I can't take love no more - Eddy Grant

Although this song sounds remarkably like 'I don't wanna dance', the song that became a hit for Eddy Grant in 1982 and was taken from his third album 'Killer on the rampage', it was actually released a year later and the first single from the fourth album 'Going for broke'.

This similarity probably also explains why 'I don't wanna dance' was a number one hit in several countries, and this single only managed to reach number 42 in the UK and number 26 in Germany. This German pressing is part of a limited edition on red vinyl.

My collection: 7" single no. 5244
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, November 19, 2011
Cost: 0,8 euro
Tracks: 'Till I can't take love no more' / 'California style'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising