Saturday 26 November 2011

If you think you know how to love me - Smokie

As a listener of Kim Wilde's weekly radio show 'Secret Songs' (on Magic 104.5 FM in the UK), I always listen to her own special choice of the week with some extra attention. Loads of choices are from the Seventies, an era that I like but I don't know very much about.

In March this year she chose the song 'If you think you know how to love me' by Smokie. It's a beautiful song, and a bit more tasteful than the stuff they did towards the end of the Seventies. The song was taken from their second album 'Changing all the time' and was their first hit, reaching number 3 in the UK singles chart in August 1975.

My collection: 7" single no. 5266
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, November 19, 2011
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'If you think you know how to love me' / ''Tis me'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising