Sunday 31 July 2011

Holding back the years - Simply Red

Simply Red rose to prominence with this beautiful ballad in 1985. 'Holding back the years' would turn out to be a classic. Taken from their debut album 'Picture book', it launched a career that was ended only last year when front man Mick Hucknall did a farewell tour with Simply Red.

This 12" single features the full length version of 'Holding back the years', as well as a longer version of 'I won't feel bad'. I only bought the 12" single years after its release because my budget didn't stretch that far in 1985. I wanted to have it since the first moment I heard this longer version.

My collection: 12" single no. 124
Found: Record fair, 1992
Cost: 5 guilders
Tracks: 'Holding back the years [extended]' / 'I won't feel bad [extended]', 'Drowning in my own tears'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising