Thursday 14 April 2011

Sweet, sweet smile - Carpenters

Puck recently informed me that all Carpenters tracks are in fact very depressing. Given this knowledge, it's hard to reconcile that with an upbeat track like 'Sweet, sweet smile', in which the protagonist says that she wants to always see someone's sweet smile.

The track was composed by Otha Young and Juice Newton. The track features drummer Ronnie Tutt who regularly backed Elvis Presley. Released as the third single from the album 'Passage', the single reached number 44 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and number 40 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 5071
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 9, 2011
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'Sweet sweet smile' / 'I have you'

3 comments:

  1. Puck (I'll refrain from changing the first letter to something else as this is probably considered family-friendly fair) is full of crap. I'll take the Carpenters over whatever marijuana-inspired drivel he (or she) listens to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew Carpenters fans could be so violent! Anyway, a track like 'Close to you' does have a certain minor key ring to it, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your blog ~ thanks for posting such useful content./Nice article and great photos. Very nicely done!

    Carpenters

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising