Tuesday 12 April 2011

Suspicious minds - Fine Young Cannibals

Every now and then I play an old cd that's been orphaned in my collection. A few weeks ago I took out the greatest hits collection of the Fine Young Cannibals, and the standout track on that, I felt, was their version of 'Suspicious minds'. I never liked this track much in the past, but things change. The hysterical backing vocals by Jimmy Somerville add a certain something to this track. I decided I had to buy the single after all these years.

'Suspicious minds' was a hit in the UK, peaking at number 8. The track was also used in the cult films 'Dangerously close' and 'Down twisted'.

My collection: 7" single no. 5057
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 9, 2011
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Suspicious minds' / 'Prick up your ears'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising