Friday 15 April 2011

Never turn away - Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark

When I visited the record fair in Utrecht a year ago, I saw the single 'Never turn away' and thought I already owned it. I was very dismayed upon my arrival home to find that I didn't. So a year later, back at the record fair, I found that same single with a different dealer... and snapped it up.

'Never turn away' was released as the fourth and final single from the band's 1984 album 'Junk culture', the one that spawned better known hits 'Locomotion', 'Talking loud and clear' and 'Tesla girls'. This single only reached number 70 in the UK singles chart and number 29 in Ireland.

My collection: 7" single no. 5080
Found: Record fair, Utrecht, April 9, 2011
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Never turn away' / 'Wrappup'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising