Friday 4 February 2011

Rivers of Babylon (Remix '88) - Boney M

Bobby Farrell died last month, legendary dancer of Boney M, who also lipsynched so well to the words that were in actual fact sung by producer Frank Farian. I didn't write an entry about Boney M at the time since all my Boney M singles were already up on this blog. But I've found a new single to write about.

This '88 remix of 'Rivers of Babylon' was released in Germany to celebrate the reunion of the original line-up of the band, including the aforementioned Bobby Farrell. The remix-album 'Greatest hits of all times' was as unsuccessful as this ill-fated single.

My collection: 7" single no. 5027
Found: Record fair, Amsterdam, January 29, 2011
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'Rivers of Babylon ('88 remix)' / 'Mary's Boy Child - Oh my Lord ('88 remix)'

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I remember the Megamix'88 was a N° 1 in France in January 1989
    remix-album was a success too..

    Jean Michel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising