Wednesday 19 May 2010

Love and anger - Kate Bush

I still remember the day in March 1990 when my sister walked into my room with the newest single by Kate Bush, 'Love and anger'. She pronounced the title wrong and then showed me that the single was released in a gatefold booklet sleeve. I was green with envy, almost literally. When she added that the shop only had one copy, no love was left inside me, just anger.

The two weeks it took for the shop to get the single back in stock were among the longest weeks of my life. My fandom of Kate Bush had taken on gigantic proportions - and having an item like this pass me by was simply too much to bear. But fortunately in this case, all's well that ends well.

My collection: 7" single no. 1192
Found: Melody Maker, Den Haag, March 1990
Cost: 7 guilders
Tracks: 'Love and anger' / 'Ken'

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you were tough to live with back then :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising