Sunday 16 May 2010

Don't break my heart - UB40

This is not the best 12" remix in the history of mankind - in fact, it's rather lame. It features the single version of UB40's 'Don't break my heart', which fades out at the end while a different track fades in: it's an instrumental roughly based on the tempo and key of the song but doesn't really belong here. I think many people must have felt a bit cheated when they played this record after buying it.

My collection: 12" single no. 376
Found: Plaatboef, Rotterdam, 2000
Cost: 2,5 guilders
Tracks: 'Don't break my heart (12" version)' / 'Mek ya rok (12" version)'

2 comments:

  1. I wanted to thank you for your blog, love seeing the large scan of the single covers and hearing stuff i haven't heard, or getting a great mix or b-side. Thank you, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fades in is of course a dub version of the track (much used in reggae music), but I agree it could've been done much better. Or it could've been a bonus track instead on the 12" instead of fading it into the actual song.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising