Tuesday 2 March 2010

Ne t'enfuis pas - Kate Bush

The fact that collecting records is not always fun, is proved with this particular item. I ordered 'Ne t'enfuis pas' by Kate Bush from France, as it was possible to get a copy from there some 20 years ago. I sent my money, waited for a few weeks, and then received the package. The problem was: it was delivered by a particularly stupid and lazy postman, who decided to shove it through the letterbox. As a result, the single snapped and I found two halves in the sleeve.

I brought the single to the postoffice for a complaint, and had to leave the item with them, so they could decide what to do. One week later, I got my money back, and the record as well: they broke it up into twenty pieces, presumably to try out what it would take to break a record. Needless to say, I was fuming. And I never found another copy - at least, not for a reasonable price. Until today, that is... (to be continued!)

My collection: sleeve
Found: France, ca. 1990
Cost: 20 guilders
Tracks: 'Ne t'enfuis pas' / 'Un baiser d'enfant'

1 comment:

  1. Curious to read the rest of the story, and hear the track! Nice blog, btw ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising