Saturday 6 February 2010

No-one driving - John Foxx

After John Foxx left his group Ultravox, he embarked on a solo career in 1980. He achieved his first solo success with the single 'Underpass', which he followed up with this single, 'No-one driving'. While 'Underpass' reached number 31 in the UK singles chart, this single reached number 32.

Both tracks were featured on his debut solo album, 'Metamatic'. Foxx played most of the synthesizers and 'rhythm machines', as they were listed on the sleeve.

My collection: 7" single no. 4551
Found: Empire Records, Den Haag, February 4, 2010
Cost: 0,5 euro
Tracks: 'No-one driving' / 'Glimmer'

1 comment:

  1. When I was little I had in my hands two picture single discs, they were very rare here in my country. One of them was a duo "Dollar", and the other was John Foxx's "Burning car". Seeing here that name "Foxx", brought the memory back, since those singles were borrowed for a couple of days from a neighbour who had visited Germany. I never heard that music again, but recently, when I saw this entry, I searched and found. I can't remember the Dollar song, but I remembered well "Burning car", because I didn't like it. It remained in my mind since it was a dark and unsettling sound... and the picture didn't help either, like evil mirror image or something. Hey, remember I was a kid. I found the single image here: http://static.rateyourmusic.com/album_images/s137716.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising