Friday 15 January 2010

White horses in the snow - Maarten Peters

My collection of 7" singles is an important one for me, but I'm also an avid collector of 3" cd-singles. In the late Eighties a lot of singles were released on this format, but my budget wasn't big enough to buy everything: choices had to be made. In the case of 'White horses in the snow', I chose to buy the 7" single and not the 3" cd-single. Mostly because of the fact that both the A-side and the B-side featured on the accompanying album of the same name - and f course by that time I had abandoned the lp format in favour of the cd.

Today I received the 3" cd-single of 'White horses in the snow', which I've finally bought over 20 years after its release. Maarten Peters had a hit with this in the autumn of 1989, peaking at number 23 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 984
Found: Free Record Shop, Den Haag, September 21, 1989
Cost: 6 guilders
Tracks: 'White horses in the snow' / 'Guardian angel'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising