Tuesday 22 December 2009

Dressed for success - Roxette

When Roxette recorded 'Dressed for success', there were some problems. Marie Fredriksson later commented: 'I was so mad when I did it. Everything about that session went wrong, we argued about the arrangement, we changed the key, I was dead tired of the song when I went in to do a guide vocal. Did it in one blast and suddenly realized, "hmm... this is it".'

When the track was released as a single in October 1989, it reached number 14 in the US Billboard Hot 100 chart. In the UK, the single was re-released in November 1990 after the success of 'It must have been love'. On that occasion, it reached number 18.

My collection: 7" single no. 2618
Found: Record fair, Den Haag, February 10, 1996
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'Dressed for success' / 'The voice'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising