Wednesday 11 November 2009

Never let her slip away - Andrew Gold

I rediscovered 'Never let her slip away' by Andrew Gold a couple of years ago when I bought a compilation cd with hits from 1978. I loved the single when it came out (even though I was very young at the time) but forgot about it somewhere in the Eighties. When I heard it again, the memory came flooding back.

It's only this weekend that I realised I didn't actually have the single. That error has been corrected now. 'Never let her slip away' reached number 5 in the UK singles chart and number 15 in the Dutch Top 40.

My collection: 7" single no. 4171
Found: Chelsea Records, Antwerpen, November 8, 2009
Cost: 1 euro
Tracks: 'Never let her slip away' / 'Genevieve'

1 comment:

  1. Undercover made a cover version of this... in 1992 I think. Nice song!, good to hear the original version

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising