Monday 16 November 2009

My old piano - Diana Ross

Having had piano lessons between the age of 5 and 20, you would expect that I would have learned to play a mean bit of piano. But when I stopped playing for a year and then tried again, I realised I couldn't read any notes anymore and that the whole thing seemed to just have drifted away. I've never been any good at doing things alone: even in school, the only thing that kept my grades up were the group assignments.

However, I did always have a preference for keyboard-based music. And even a song like Diana Ross's 'My old piano', an ode to the instrument, caught my fancy. Produced by Bernard Edwards and Nile Rodgers of Chic fame, it gave Diana Ross a worldwide hit, peaking at number 2 in the Dutch Top 40 and number 5 in the UK singles chart.

My collection: 7" single no. 963
Found: All that music, Leiden, August 10, 1989
Cost: 2 guilders
Tracks: 'My old piano' / 'Give up'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Advertising